We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher interested in working in the Neural Rehabilitation Group with a Ramón y Cajal Tenure Contract.
The main task of the candidate will be to support and guide the current research activities carried out by the group in the field of collaborative robotics technologies, such as legged robots, exoskeletons and neuroprostheses. The candidate will be offered the ideal environment to conduct independent research, to which he/she is expected to contribute with fresh new ideas for further research proposals. The successful candidate will play a leading role in developing innovative and creative solutions for:
– The quantitative evaluation of robot performance in unstructured environments.
– The design and development of new biomechatronic and neuroprosthetic platforms.
– The analysis and assessment of neuromotor functions in healthy and pathologic population in a wide range of motor functions.
The candidate (PhD defense from 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2019 ) will need to apply to the Call “2021 Ramón y Cajal Tenure Contract”:
Duration of the contract: 5 years
Call deadline: 08/02/2022 (14:00)
– PhD degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Robotics, Electronics, Mechatronics or equivalent).
– Proven ability to design and conduct independent research.
– Experience in writing full research proposals, scientific publications, technical reports.
– Ability to lead and supervise other researchers’ work.
– Strong publication (or patent) record in at least one of the following fields: wearable robots, legged robotics, neurophysiology, neuroprosthetics.
– Fluency in spoken and written English.
– Good programming experience.
– Self-motivated, proactive, with “can do” attitude.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Send CV and motivation letter to Dr. J.C Moreno (jc.moreno(at)csic.es) before the 20th January, 2022.